Family Home Daycare
Family Home Day Care is child care provided in the Child Care Provider's home
[Family Home Daycare]
The primary purposes of regulated home day care are to:
- Give parents the option of a formal child care service in a home setting where care is monitored to ensure it meets established standards;
- Provide another option for child care for parents eligible for child care subsidy;
- Promote children's health, safety and well being.
Services to Parents:
- Detailed information on how to choose quality child care
- Availability of dedicated and caring Child Care Providers
- Access to Toy lending library
- Availability of child care subsidy for those who are eligible
- Opportunity to meet other parents
Services to Child Care Providers:
- Information and support on how to provide quality child care
- Supportive home visits
- Networking opportunities
- Access to child care resources including books, videos, toy lending library, and training
- Assistance with programming
A Great Career
- If you are looking to return to work or to change your career, Family
Home Day Care may be just the opportunity you are looking for.
Becoming part of the Kings County Family Resource Centre's Family
Home Day Care Agency will give you a unique opportunity to work
from home, build a successful business and earn a good income.
Our Goals for the Family Home Day Care Agency
- To expand availability of quality child care in the Kings & Hants County areas.
- To help support children's development socially, emotionally, intellectually and physically.
- To provide support to children, parents, and child care providers through availability of resources.
- To keep child care providers up-to-date with new developments in the field.
- To provide children with a safe, warm, and caring environment.
Owning Your Own Child Care Business
- You will have information and support on how to provide quality child care as well as help with setting up your new business.
- There will be many networking opportunities available to you through participation in events planned through the Centre and community awareness programs.
- You will have access to many resources including books, videos, toy and equipment lending, and professional development.
- There will be supportive home visits.
- You will have community recognition and respect for your chosen career and business.
- Parents will take comfort in knowing that your home is approved and regularly monitored and that your child care business meets government regulations/standards.
- As this program is offered through the Department of Community Services, you will be eligible to accept children whose fees are subsidized.
- The Agency will work with you to help you maintain maximum enrollment.
- You will be eligible for tax advantages in using your home for your child care business.
- Working inside the home will allow you more time to spend with your own children.
- If you are interested in learning more about Family Home Day Care
we can be reached at: email@example.com or by phone at 678-5760
- Once you are registered with our Agency, you will have all the support and guidance you need to set up your Child Care Business.
"One of the priorities of the Department of Community Services
Early Learning and Child Care Plan is to ensure that Nova Scotia
Children enjoy a good start in life and are nurtured and supported
by caring families and communities. Family Home Day Care introduced
in 2007 supports these initiatives."
(Family Home Day Care Terms and Conditions)